Charlie was diagnosed with Capillaria
- The parasite egg was found in his urine
- Source of infection – eating earthworms
- Successfully treataed!
Most Common Causes
- Feline Idiopathic Cystitis-inflammation/no infection (85%)
- Bladder Stones (13%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (1%)
- Other (<1%) – Capillaria (parasite)
Urination Outside of the Litter Box is a Common Problem
- Most owners attribute the problem to behavior issues (i.e. being vindictive)
- Please realize that most of these cats have a medical issue.
- Contact us to develop treatment and diagnostic plan.
General Litter Box Management
- Number of litter boxes: 1 box per cat + 1 more
- Scoop the box at least once a day.
- Clean the box once a week with mild soap and water and add clean litter.